RAM (Random Access Memory) is temporary memory. You can enjoy using graphics in the new ganaration, which can play gaming in hdmi function. Extended Data Out DRAM (EDO DRAM) improves read times from memory on microprocessors such as the Intel Pentium. Understand the difference between SRam and DRam There are two Type of Ram: SRAM -(Static Ram) Ram-Random access mamory. DRAM -(Dynamic Ram)
DRAM-The full form of DRAM is Dynamic RAM’s. Dynamic RAM’s is a standard computer memory of many modern desktop PCs. The CPU receives the data read instruction along with the memory address or location of the data. The CPU sends the address to the RAM controller. The read data is transmitted back to the CPU’s cache. The circuit for an individual SRAM memory cell typically consists of four transistors configured as two cross coupled inverters. The circuit in this format has two steady states, and these are equivalent to the logical “0” and “1” states.
There are two Type of Ram which are Static and Dynamic.
use of Ram Here, are important uses of RAM:
It offers a fast operating speed.
It offers low power dissipation.
DRAM- It is the small internal circuitry in the one-bit memory cell of DRAM. The large storage capacity is available. There is a memory chip that is faster and uses less power than DRAM.
DRAM has a high packaging density. SRAM -SRAM requires a constant power supply, which means this type of memory which consumes more power. SRAM is often used for other purposes. For example, it may be part of the RAM digital-to-analog converter (RAMDAC) on a computer’s video or graphic card. There is a memory chip that can hold more data than a SRAM chip, but it requires more power. SRAM stores a bit of data on four transistors using two cross-coupled inverters.
Difference between SRAM and DRAM
|1.SRAM is of a smaller size.||DRAM is available in larger storage capacity.|
|2.SRAM is in the form of on-chip memory.||DRAM has the characteristics of off-chip memory.|
|3.SRAM is more expensive and less cost-effective compared to DRAM.||The DRAM price is cheaper.|
|4.SRAM has a low density compared to DRAM.||DRAM has a high density.|
|5.Uses transistors and latches.||Uses capacitors and very few transistors.|
|6.SRAM is costlier than DRAM.||DRAM cost is lesser compared to SRAM.|
|7.SRAM has lower access time, which is faster compared to DRAM.||DRAM has a higher access time. It is slower than SRAM.|
|8.SRAM is placed on the processors or between the main memory and processor.||DRAM is always placed on the motherboard.|
|9.It does not have a refreshing unit.||It has a refreshing unit.|
|10.These are used in cache memories.||These are used in main memories.|
Level 1 and Level 2 microprocessor caches
Information important SRam & DRam
- Robert Norman invented SRAM in 1963 as a bipolar semiconductor at Fairchild Semiconductor.
- Robert Dennard invented DRAM in 1967 as one of the significant advances in computer technology.
- SRAM is primarily located on the processor or between the memory and the processor.
- DRAM is permanently installed on the motherboard.
- Because it is less expensive to produce, DRAM is the SRAM’s successor.
- SRAM is for sale, but primarily to system builders.
- DDR1 is the oldest version of DRAM, but it is only available to industrial manufacturers and not to consumers. On the other hand, the most recent version is DDR4, which is available to both consumers and businesses.
- cctv (digital) camra
- Automobile equipment
- Electronic machine
SRAM is used more in digital usage than DRAM
- SRAM is primarily employed as a memory cache.
- When compared to DRAM, SRAM is faster.
- Power consumption is lower than that of DRAM.
- It takes up more room.
- SRAM has a shorter cycle time than DRAM because it does not need to pause.
- It has the potential to be used in networking.
- DRAM is the best option to consider when looking for a low-cost RAM.
- DRAM is most commonly found in personal computers.
- DRAM memories are the best to use when improving graphic functions on computers.
- This ram is available in lowest rate.
- DRAM has the characteristics of off-chip memory.
- DRAM is available in larger storage capacity.
- It needs to be periodically refreshed.
- DRAM requires more power consumption as the information is stored in the capacitor.